Today’s lunch is easy and delicious Peri-Peri chicken. Easy because I didn’t have to do that much to create the flavor. The secret lies within my dear friend’s secret Peri Peri concoction made right at her kitchen. The result was a juicy, flavourful, tangy-delicious roasted chicken.
Served on a bed of coconut rice and some cucumber salad on the side.
Baked Peri-Peri Chicken using Orlanda's Peri-Peri Sauce
- 600 grams chicken legs or thighs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Peri Peri Sauce by the Orlanda's
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a bowl, combine garlic, sugar and the Peri-Peri sauce.
- Season chicken with salt. Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Add the marinade and close. Rub the bag to coat the chicken then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to a roasting pan.
- Rub chicken skin with oil. Add 2 tablespoons of the marinade back to the pan.
- Baked for 45 minutes at 200c, skin side up. I switch the oven to fan mode (or broil mode) after 20 minutes to make the skin crispier.
- Baste chicken with drippings from the pan every 15minutes or so. This is optional but if you have the time, please do it!
- Serve while warm with your favorite carbs and salad. Enjoy!
Peri Peri Sauce by the Orlanda’s. For orders please visit their Facebook page.
Last Updated on